»

Friday, May 23, 2008

Reflections

This week Vlindertje and one of my friends had their birthday. We threw a great party, and had dinner at marrakesh restaurant. The company was great and I had the opportunity to eat traditional Moroccan dishes. In Europe I had the privilege to meet several Moroccans and enjoy their hospitality. Once invited to a Moroccan dinner party I fell in love with the Moroccan Cuisine. Moroccan dishes are traditionally consumed with freshly brewed sweet mint tea, and the foods allows you to eat with your fingers.

Eating with your fingers is sensual experience to me. I love feeling the couscous on my fingers and lick the ingredients of my fingers one by one. At Marrakesh you are provided with silverware however I decided to eat my food with my fingers. My dinner mate kept on staring at me, and then mentioned to be cautious hence the effect on the other customers watching me enjoying a perfectly cooked meal. Naughty as I am, I teased my dinner mate and we had a blast. Later on we decided to take a stroll and nearby I decided to tap into an ATM machine. My dinner mate then removed me from the ATM - he felt it wasn't safe. When we walked back half an hour later, we witness police officers and a crime victim at the ATM whereas I was about to perform an transaction. The Angels were definitely guarding us that evening.

My brother had obtained a membership for me at an international club and I'm attending some events scheduled in June. I do look forward to meet minds of quality and enjoy great cultural exposure. I'm sure I'll report back about these events later on. Meanwhile it kept me thinking of Fitness Guru and his numerous attempts to find vehicles to network and ultimately marry bridezilla. I started to compile a message that I tried to disseminate via MySpace;Facebook or yahoo however I discovered that he deleted me as a friend. Revisiting my attempt to reach out to him and remain friends after my assessment to determine he was not my cup of cake, I believe it takes a strong person who values people and willing to appreciate another person's value without expectations. I cannot be his partner, but I can be a friend. Friendship to me is the baseline of any type of personal relationship. I'm not sad about his actions, because I believe that people I meet along my journey all have their value. I respect their choices, and hope that they continue to have a wonderful journey themselves.

Enjoy your Memorial Weekend !

0 comments: