»

Monday, February 18, 2008

Ride you












No, It's not what you think... Remember the song with Joe Ft. G-Unit "Ride with You"? I was listening to this song on my Ipod today, and reminisced about a particular date with Lion*in DC.

Lion was my last Carino. It took me a few before I could move on but I did. Both Lion and I had pretty demanding schedules. But we were about to go out on our date. Lion is compared to me, extremely organized. I'm more spontaneous when it comes to personal and fun activities. After about 7 text messages where he inquired specific times, bed times, restaurant, pick-up place and who would drive - we figured it out. I would pick Lion up, and then we would have dinner at Japanese Restaurant until it would be bed time for Lion by 10:30 PM EST.

My people know I'm familiar with driving in Paris. Who has been in Paris knows it gets kinda crazy. We speed up, and put our car in front of you; honk the horn whenever it suits us. Driving @ night is a problem for me - I rather take a cab, or let my brother's personal security guard drive me around. Being tallied, and tailed isn't exactly what I had in mind for my date with Lion. We agreed that I would drive and pick him up myself. I was running late for our date, and decided to give Lion a heads up because he's very punctual. A message he would leave on my phone would sound like:

Angry Asian Cookie this is Lion: it is 6:19 PM on Monday February 18, 2006. I'm late for our appointment at 7:00 PM due to an unexpected delay. I'll arrive approximately at 7:30 PM, and give you a call when I'm at your place.

Of course this time it was me placing the call. Running late on a date with Lion is not the best start. Especially if he had to be in bed by 10:30 PM EST [lol] but he's worth it so, no nagging *smile*. I finally arrived with my heart pounding, and totally out of breath. Before he opens my door, I manage to ride over his feet. When he recovers from that event, he steps in and while he's still trying to settle in his seat, I already took off with a speed limit of maybe 60 miles an hour. When he almost hits his head to the dashboard without his seat belt buckled up [yet], I knew our evening would be a bummer...

He has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen [sorry guys it's a fact] but I was unsure if he could smile after my disastrous entree. Driving in DC @ night is killing me - add up having a nervous breakdown; running late; and your crush is still thinking what the hell he's doing next to this Angry Asian Cookie. Finally after driving around for a while, we found a parking spot. Now, I did mention I don't like driving @night, and the other X Factors kicking in, right? Ok, I'm parking the car and Lion shout out: "Angry Asian Cookie: you hit the curb - OMG this will cause you a flat tire". He steps out, and the darling tries to give me directions to correct my position. " Turn Right with your Steering Wheel"; "No, straight"; "Right"... Before he gets more annoyed I plead if he can finish the job. He steps in and within no time, the car is parked.

I step out of the car but have to return three times because I drop my wallet, my keys, and my small change. When we walk towards our destination, I noticed that both of my hold-ups have runners - great. Before the restaurant, he hugs me because we had not yet had a proper greeting. He held me so tight, I was out of breath again. I remember that time stood still for a while. When we are finally seated at our table, we started our chitchat. It was fun and light but we also touched some topic of interests with more substance. Still a perfect evening? He's asking me to write the name of my pappa's race and country for references - I randomly take the first paper on our table that I thought could be excellent scrap paper. Of course not-- Lion took the paper out of my hand, and with this funny facial expression he says that it's our note to order...

When the sushi, and our plum wine arrive I'm back to my relaxed self again. I noticed his little saucer with soy sauce on it. I ask him politely if I can dip my sushi in it. Lion puts another strange look on his face up when he asks me if I not rather prefer to have my own sauce. Of course I do, I reply but I think they forgot to serve me my own sauce....




Then he gently directed me to my own saucer and soy bottle at the table on my right hand side....I was so focused on him and our conversation that I had not noticed anything else. We talk and laugh while we're eating but not so long after the soy sauce incident I managed to drop the sushi of my dish. While I picked it off the floor, I dropped my silverware. After he sang a beautiful song: how wonderful life is with you in my world", he reminds me it is past his bed time. I look at my watch, and yes it is 10:31 PM. After I paid the bill I felt it was better for him to drive. Besides I had taken some plum wine, and wine and I don't get along too well..

The rest of the evening and the ride was perfect despite my runners; the saucer; the silverware; the scrap paper; my keys; and the curb.. No more bloopers for Angry Asian Cookie. Hugzz Dahlings, and enjoy my "Ride with U" from Joe.



Angry Asian Cookie.



Lyrics "Ride wit U"

Ride with ya, ride with ya, I wanna move with ya, move with ya, move with ya, I wanna ride with ya, ride with ya, ride with ya, I wanna move with ya, move with ya, move with ya, I wanna Ride

Your the type that just don't care, if its you I want I'm gonna come and get you and see what's Really good with, you please believe I'll take you there, but first lets see if you're Intellectual, matches up with your physical baby

Come on and ride with a thug we can do what you like, a baller baby you see the blue in my Ice, drop the top and let your head blow back them j.lo jeans girl that ass so fat buck know Just what to do with all that, chest to chest so ill hit it from the back, I do it like a pro. Wont nobody know lets pop some more ride and listen to joeI just want to let u know that, that ooo your so beautiful [your so beautiful} and that. Nothing is impossible the places where we can go [we can go anywhere baby]



*LION * age 40 -something

Smilies:

A High-Profile Successful African American Attorney*Drop Dead Gorgeous with a Smile that would break any ice queen* A beautiful warm voice* Intelligent* World Exposure* Art Minded*Strong* A Life of His Own* Creative* Music Lover* Family Man.

Eyebrow Raisers:

Too many to add to the list lol.








[contact-form]

0 comments: